Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Nightlife

This is kind of a general note, in this my senior year, I’m trying to make a priority of going out more and spending less time in front of my books. And because of this shift, I’ve had some really good times lately.
When I first got here, I felt I had to focus on my studies, given that this place is so demanding. And I don’t think that was bad, but I also missed out on a lot. It’s fair to say that getting adjusted here was harder than I thought it would be, and I only now feel like I’m finally starting to get more comfortable with it. It would be tricky to try and recount all the neat things I’ve had a chance to do lately, and all the good people I’ve met, because it’s less about any one specific event and more about atmosphere overall, about a certain feeling that is closer to me now than before. I like this picture because it’s definitely but blurry around the edges, and is a good representation of a mood or a certain shade of feeling. It’s from a really cool sushi place down near Chelsea; I was there for a friend’s 30th birthday party. The food we had was amazing, and it was just a good time overall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home