Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Graduation: Fireball

As you’ve realized by now in reading along, my graduation from Columbia was finished in the fifth post. But Graduation for me has really been a deeper, more powerful process that began all the way back when I first moved to New York City and really, for me, didn’t conclude until just a few days ago. This post is a part of that process. This post is my goodbye to something else that came to an end over the summer.
How does it happen that someone becomes a part of your life so closely and so powerfully, that they are there with you and there beside you one day, and gone the next?
Is it better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all? I believe it is. Is it true that love conquers all? The Bible tells us that it does, in many different ways. But people receive love in different ways, and sometimes we can find ourselves, or another, in a place in their own life currently where they are not yet able to love in the way the other person truly needs.
Is it worth waiting around to find out of they can get there? This is a question each heart can only answer for itself. Is it ‘worth’ it? Ultimately, finally, yes, it is. But there is a cost to waiting.
Someone once said, “The greatest prize in the universe is the affection of man.” I do believe this to be true. Love has both the greatest glory and the greatest weight. But love is always active, always provokes a response. And in some situations a person is not yet prepared to echo back that same response.
Why is it that we often cause the ones we love the most such pain? Pain in this life may be unavoidable, but we can choose the situations that we are more or less likely to encounter it. That choice is also one that only each heart can make.
To my Fireball, who another like her I will never meet
In everything extraordinary that you are
For everything amazing that we shared
Thank you could never be enough
Now be blessed in the hills
And blessed on the plains
Be blessed by the waters
In your lives, in your loves
Burning star, wild and free
May all your roads lead you to the love your strong heart seeks
You are forever burned into my mind, and I will never forget you


Steel Heart, Warrior Princess
1WR
Flash, Haste
When Steel Heart comes into play, it deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
1W: Target creature other than Steel Heart gains Absorb 1
2/2




Comets are fairly rare, and very few are at all predictable. But they say that if you’re watching carefully on a clear night, you might just see one shooting through your sky. I know the one I’ll be watching for is very rare, and in no way predictable.
But I will still be watching …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home