Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving

Went out to visit a good friend of mine in New Jersey for Thanksgiving, and spent the time with him and his parents, and a couple of mutual friends. Got in late on Weds night, and slept in quite late that morning. Woke up around noon, and Pete’s mom made us breakfast around 1:00, which was great, except for the fact that we then had Thanksgiving dinner (which was outstanding) at 2:30, so I wasn’t nearly as hungry as I would have liked to have been. But that’s fine too, since we just had leftovers for the rest of the day and the day after, which is a huge part of what Thanksgiving is all about to me, just being able to eat great food at any time you want.
We went to the new James Bond movie that night, which was actually great. I wasn’t sure about Daniel Craig as Bond going into it, but I was totally buying him from the first reel. Slept in late again the next day, and we went for a hike that afternoon out to a the granite quarry in the picture. Funny thing was, we started out at about 3:00, and the sun had gone down by 4:30-5:00 ish, and we got a bit lost coming back. But, thanks to the well-marked Boy Scout trail, we were able to find our way back to the main path without needed to call mountain rescue in. Had another great dinner, then woke up early to come back into the city on Saturday morning. Worked out well, all in all it was a great time.
I also had a series of conversations with a friend of mine that lasted late into several nights over the course of the holiday weekend, and after I got back, that were extraordinary, and meant a lot to me. In my experience in life there is nothing else that compares to the sheer joy of simply connecting with someone, and sharing close fellowship with them.
Like I said, it meant a lot to me.

1 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, December 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That friend thought the conversations were incredibly meaningful as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home